The first documented reference to the Linslerhof dates back to the year 1154. A written document has been handed down which documents the donation of the Linslerhof by a certain Wirich and his mother Juttha. They transferred ownership of the manor to the abbey in Fraulautern. In return for the gift, the abbesses were obligated to read three Masses in the chapel at the Linslerhof. The Mass days soon turned into pilgrimage days, on which the nuns of Fraulautern drove up to the manor in their carriages.
A market was also set up, and a dance was later added. There are also reports of riding games, which saw the abbesses present a bouquet of flowers to the fastest rider. On the Saturday after Pentecost a particularly large celebration was held, which saw numerous guests from the County of Saarbrücken and the Duchy of Lorraine welcomed to the Linslerhof.
In-keeping with tradition, numerous riders and drivers of horse-drawn carriages still celebrate the pilgrimage day, with a special blessing for the horses at the Linslerhof.